Wednesday, January 21, 2009

thoughts on Owens Planetarium Museum

HPA said DREAM. Owen said DREAM BIG .. indeed

Yes Im going to have to add a BIG to my own DREAM sign (seen on planetariumsathome.com).. i noticed also the new Planetarium Network picked up on the dream theme as well.

I will tell you this. Seeing the emmons projector gives me a thrill every time I visit the museum website, which is a couple times a week to marvel.

This entry is being written the day after Obama was sworn in, hence the Lincoln references. HPA is delighted and honored to have two quotes on the Museum website.

But seeing my two quotes as well.. Im done.. no more quotes .. but to me.. if I could have my wish.. my dream .. that those words might live on for people past my lifetime.. equipment .. stuff... gets scattered over time . .. but words can live forever. I was reminded of this watched the inauguration festivities, which recalled my own visits to the Lincoln Memorial. The statue didnt move me that much.... his WORDS carved in marble were forever though... bind up the nations wounds... and the war came . with charity towards all .. in our own little way, i hope someday people are researching us.. collections may be dispersed. the ravages of time take their toll ..

but what we put into words can ring down through the ages. so to me, we must be caretakers of not only THINGS .. but THOUGHTS ... as we found the ability to express them.. or as old abe said .. as god gives us the ability to express them.

Maybe thats our REAL legacy. Maybe not. I dont know. but in a day yesterday looking back, looking forward. as in last weeks looking from the back room to the show room.. these thoughts have been on my mind. HPA has been a forum for these kind of thoughts. But never have they had such a stage as the Museum.

g

No comments: