Monday, September 27, 2010

Stories and Myths and Facts, oh MY! Stories and ..

It occurs to me, now that I have three places I can give 'shows' to the public, that there are roughly three categories of 'show' to give ..

Stories .. fictional or science fictional voyages concerning the stars
Myths .. the stories handed down from those cave paintings and Chaldean shepards and greek/roman dudes
Facts ... as Elton sang, and all the science I dont understand, its just my job five days a week (from Rocket Man)

Most planetarium shows I suppose mix and match these elements. Little of this, little of that .. Heres Cygnus the Swan of antiquity, Deneb is a blue supergiant, and kids, imagine the swan getting its tailfeathers wet in the milky way!

Im almost leaning towards using my 'childrens' dome for the stories - my own stories, I once wrote my own starmyth concerning the bears .. myths and history in another .. pyramids, castles, dragons, sinking ships in another .. with the stars as background and inspiration .. and facts, science etc in the third ..

a tripod if you will of interests, creative outlets, educational opportunities, inspirational venues ..

stories and myths and facts, oh my! stories and myths and facts, oh my!

No comments: