Tuesday, November 23, 2010

You've Got To Build a Story

You need to build a story. You need to develop content

I found this quote in an article, of all things, on getting a job in todays hyper competitive job market - extreme interviewing if you will .. but it hit home for planetariums at home too ..... it hit home that no matter how many gadgets I built, collected etc, people would probably say 'thats nice' and surf on to the personals on Craigs List ..

What compels us? Compel is my new favorite word, its been the subject of our sermon series at church these past weeks, and stories compel us. Content compels us. I realized that I have a tendency to just go on building forever, when I should be writing and performing in my vehicle. Its like building a record player then having a 1 record collection. A TV with only one channel .

I know, just when Im done I knock out a wall .. I turn a visitor center into a stage theater, I push aside my pyramids and start on a castle ..

Youve got to build a story - but there are many stories about these planetariums, about these stars, about these people who look at them. It should be easy right?

But its not .. there are so many stories out there in the ocean, I tend to stay on the beach ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im too lazy to read everything here. i do find it interesting that you posted on 11/23/10. keep posting. you do need content. so how do you build a home planetarium projector? something that ave joe who knows the stars can build, for cheap?

that would be content. otherwise, i see a collection of olf
planetarium equipment and half finished ideas.