Sunday, August 14, 2016

Nebraska (How do you know when you're done?)

 Nebraska?    from Planetaria Obscura - August 2016 Issue

Having three different doors, offices, projectors, configurations, dome surfaces, chair groups, music systems, roof coverings.  I thought of it romantically but practically - why did people stop in Nebraska when they could’ve continued on to Colorado during the great western expansion?  Why did they go THAT far when Ohio was good enough.  I think maybe we go as far as we can go with something until we convince ourselves this is far enough.  Or we drop in exhaustion. This land will make a THE farm.  Others keep going till they run out of land, some never left where they were born.  Some change things over time and never settle. I just changed them till I couldn’t change them any more. And one day in Nebraska, I thought - this is far enough.  It feels right.  People love Nebraska. Some of them must.  I now love my physical planetarium.  I’m home here in Omaha.  Or is this Lincoln?  WHERE’S THE WALMART??  Oh ok.   I felt lost there for a minute….   Home is where the stars are. 

No comments: