Friday, June 1, 2012

Everyone has a 'Blog that Nobody Read'


Not everyone blogs, or in the old fashioned sense of the word keeps a journal or diary, but perhaps everyone has a trail of thoughts that they could have put down in some fashion, over the years, of some crazy dream. I believe that in our life passions lie may secrets to living in general, sometimes the more offbeat pursuit can lead to the most commonplace and universal reflections. So it was with me and a most obscure pursuit - I built and ran my own space theater or planetarium, an arcane and obscure activity that led to an incredibly diverse amount of reflection, thought, and activity. Literally 1000 hours of thought went into it, and along with the actual instrument and theater came these 100 blog posts. I called it ‘the blog nobody read’, so in the end I was left with postcards from the edge of an insanity really. What to do with them? I began to look behind them to see what were the hidden drivers - was the ‘dome’ for example literally a metaphor for heaven itself, a piece of curved nothingness lurking in the background of my conscious thought, illuminated only by the starlight of my own contrivance? And so it went each of the 100 forgotten posts had a seed, they must have had a source, a meaning that was perhaps able to be lifted out, dusted off, and applied more universally. It was worth trying. Otherwise, my Really Obscure Blog would have been in vain. After diligently and patiently revisiting each milestone contained within, perhaps TBNR was worthwhile after all. Like the voice of a river, or the voice of the God of your understanding, maybe it took time and effort to HEAR let alone understand. So like Sidarrtha before me, I sat beside this river of 100 thoughts cloaked in this most unlikely of pursuits, and tried to listen to what it was telling me. As it turns out, that was quite a lot! Come with me now down that stream, and maybe it will speak to you as well.

No comments: