Sunday, September 25, 2016

Pick Up the Pieces - or - Rolling in the Deep

from Planetaria Obscura October 2016 issue

 Pick up the Pieces!

I already have ALL that.  I have it ALL.   Its just a matter of putting the puzzle together.  They can leave with memories of all that.  They can leave with cheap prizes and handouts.  They can leave with URLS of the videos of what I’m doing - they can pull them up during the show on their phones if they want to, who cares.   I loved the little kid shows I used to do because they were elbowing each other, they were asking for the pointer, they were over talking each other.  It was busy, it was hubris to be sure - but when they were gone, you felt like something had HAPPENED there.  Like after my barn parties of another era, I loved feeling how the room felt after they were gone.   We had some funn.   My spellchecker is getting tired of that misspelling.  Too bad!   Funn  funn  funn

 Now Set Sail

So I need to put all of this into one show - and its all just sitting around - there’s probably a kitchen sink I can throw in somewhere.   Rather than individual shows on different topics, I’m just going to shoot one shotgun shell into the air with all the bb’s I’ve got.  Its an approach.  Sort of like why we keep rereading favorite books, I’d go for repeat business to experience the same thing again. But mainly I’d hope they’d tell somebody else to check it out.  At least if I only get one shot at a person, I gave them everything I had to give them.  I gave it all away.   Not the only approach surely. But mine.
They CAN have it all.

Rolling in the Deep. 

No comments: